Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Why am I here? part 4.
1. send out this petition. It is good that people in the world can learn about our New year, which is on the first day of spring.
Sign the petition here.

2. This is part 4 of this on going Journey of mine in Iran for work.
I do like to say, the story so far!!
----------------
So, one day I received a phone call from this company that is perhaps one of the oldest manufacturing company for ventilation and Air conditioning in Iran. I was invited to an interview with son of company’s owner. He is man of around 40 years of age with glasses and a look of I am the man! He interviewed me on many things, what I have done, about my mechanical and manufacturing knowledge. Then, he seems happy with my qualification, he said however, other managers must see and interview you as well. He said one of them is here and he will interview you right now. This guy was an Iranian-Armenian guy who was also son of other partner of the company. He told me he had no idea that I was coming, so he has not prepared any questioners to ask me or have me to answer them! However, he asked me general question and about some general knowledge of engineering. Things went good at lest to my eyes. So, afterwards we set up an appointment for a week later to see them all in the factory which was located somewhere on Karaj, highway. I went to that interview and I encountered with three, old males from three different spectrums of life cycle: An old chubby Iranian-Armenian who apparently was father of the son who interviewed me. A fairly old, with white hair, smoking like chimney, alcoholic looking guy and a middle age guy with glasses who seems to be great follower! This follower seemed if one of them was saying hell is good, he would say, definitely hell is good and a place to be! About a few minutes later if another one would say hell is not a place to be, he would take an affirmative voice and say, yes I told you, hell is a horrible place to be!!!
I spent about 2 hours talking to them, from anywhere and about anything! One funny thing it was the first thing they would ask, why are you back in Iran! I started to get agitated at the beginning when people were asking me such a question! Then I came to this conclusion that they know how horrible Iran is with respect of people and system, so whatever foreign land is, is better than being in Iran!!! The grass is greener on the other side of fence!
After the interview I went back to their office in Saatdat Abaad. I was told that will contact me. About the 3 weeks or so past and I did not heard from them. So, one morning I called them and asked weather they are still interested to hire me! I was told: oh, yes but our human resources manager has been in the hospital and things could not be done on time!! Anyhow, I was told that I should go in one of the days and sign the contact. I did so.
It will continue...

No comments: