Wednesday, February 22, 2006

How do I ruin fun moments of my life so quickly!!

Here, in Switzerland, during lunch hours we usually call upon everyone in our department and go together as many as they show up to the restaurant of our company. I have a co-worker who comes along, usually. This gentlemen is married to a Peruvian women who apparently had a child from first marriage. Of course, that is not an issue I wish to talk about, it is another one!

He is a great Person which I learn a lot from him. Usually at lunch I sit beside him and try to mimic what he does during his lunch! Why, if you wonder?
Because he simply takes all the time he has and eats his lunch with a great patient that I get jealous!
He chews so slowly, plays with his food all along that it seems he plays an musical instrument on which he keeps playing different notes with slowest tempo possible.
I tried very hard to slow my pace as low as he does but no luck, yet.

I have also noticed that only the young and non-Swiss people eat their lunches fast!
I started to think eating is one of our most pleasurable act that human beings tend to do, how come I have hardly experience such a high moment with my food that he does!

I have tendency to eat fast and just to see the fun and pleasurable moment of my life is passing right in front of my eyes without knowing how to experiencing it fully and completely! Do you have the same experience, by any chance?

No comments: