Sunday, February 26, 2006

Something to think about.


1. I am sure no one is alien to the John Lennon's Imagine song. Right from when I realized that song I have been whispering it in my own head.
Now, Iranian singer Siavash ghomayshi
has sung a song with the same title in Persian. The lyrics are quite strong and well written. here is Link.
Thanks goes to Mr. Atrvash for sending me the Link.

2. Regarding love, our good friend Nyx wrote in her previous comment:
as I see it, falling in love is one thing (infatuation). "Loving" someone is another thing. Some people fall for the infatuation feeling, believing that is the true love...
So, my question to her is how do you know what is love and what is infatuation? any good suggestion that a novice person can distinguish them?

3. Iran Results in Torino, 2006 winter Olympics:
Ali-dad Saveh shemshaki became 41. in Men's Slalom
and
in Giant Slalom ranked 40.

4. For those who can see from BBC site, I have picked these very interesting cultural thema.
according to the site, last week the Symphony Orchestra of BBC has performed a week long convolute of Iranian traditional and classical music in BBC studio as a week long program called "Week of Iran".
I cannot hide my profound interest in this type of music. I got introduced to this type of music by late Ostad Morteza Hananeh, who was perhaps one the greatest composers of Iran To Arsalane Kamkar and his works like The "legend of my father's land" to this work from BBC.

Harp is an ancient Iranian musical instrument which goes back to old Persian era.
In the BBC held occasion which is known as week of Iran, Mr. Amir Mahyar Tafreshi has revived this instrument for a new classical Cancerto. He has written a piece known as reverbration of Persian or Echo of Iran Read his interview here or listen to his interview here. You need real player to listen to this interview.

Also, read the interview with Dastan group and how they get involved. and real audio player of the same interview.

5. on the same token, the first Iranian National anthem was written in Ghajar era.
read it here.
recently, remade by Iran National Symphony orchestera and was performed for audiance in Vahdat Hall.
and Listen to it.

No comments: