Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Where do I live with what kind of people?
Today, once again I went to that observation mode! I think it is somehow my default mode! Where do I live and what kind of people I am roommate with! This is story of today!

Please keep this in mind that these observations on stated people are based on first impressions. They are also obtained after a few conversations and living in the same house for very short period of time!

Let me start with description of where I live. It all starts from here:
A wooden made house which has recently been renovated with three floors including the basement. Basement is where the kitchen is. A fairly modern one with halogen stews plus required kitchen appliances. Left side of stairs there is also a room for laundry.

On the first floor we have three rooms all equipped with cable TV and ADSL internet access and of course furnished. The second floor has also the same structure. There is bathroom and rest room for every floor as well. Let’s look at the outside sceneries. From north there are clay Tennis courts which are free of people most of the time and on south we have the street. On the east and west sides are walking corridors distances from neighbors.

All right, having explained these fair descriptions now I can tell you who are the people currently have the honor of living in this house.

On the first floor we have two people so far. One is a German girl who seems like a tough girl. Goes mountain biking, and has lots of accessories. (when moved in she had so much stuff that she didn’t have space for them). She talks fairly a lot has a big scar on his neck and chick! How do I know she talks a lot, you may wonder? The first day I saw her, she was just moving in and I saw her with her boyfriend (a tough looking guy with shaved hair) right by kitchen door. No time wasted she started to ask me questions, why am I here? Where did I come from? What do I do? How long am I going to stay here? and what is my field of study! Plus some more question, she hardly let me answer any of them. All of the sudden, the boy friend gets a little angry and tells her with an arrogant voice: “We don’t have the whole day here stading and listen to your BS, but let’s move your stuff in.” He said that in German, thought I wouldn’t understand! I learned that she can cook, too. (just last night I noticed she cocked for her boyfriend, the Spanish guy and herself).
Moving on, to the next dude, who is also on the first floor and is from Brazil! This guy looks lost! He talks English with difficulty wonders about how do I know so many things about his country?! Goes out with so many Brazilian girls! The worst of all, he never cleans the kitchen after he is done eating. I mean does not put the dishes back to their places or cleaning the used areas. He is kind of a lost soul!

Second floor, There is this Spanish guy who feels that he definitely is Alan Delon(spelling) with his looks. Looks at me like why aren’t you cleaning this area?! He tries to speak English with American accent however, he usually screw up if you talk fast to him! little arrogant and snobby! He gives you that look like how Do I look?! George Clooney?? He even locks the door when he goes in his room for a few seconds!(I just realized that, today!)

Another dude, or shall I say a Professor from Pakistan!(Heis around 40 something) He is truly a religious dude. Very strange when you eat lunch or dinner with him. He touches his pointing finger to his left thumb and prays in very low voice while slowly moving those fingers. According to him, He used to study Phd of Materials science in England and that was the time he could cook! Now after his arranged marriage in Pakistan he has not touched kitchen what so ever, except for eating! Once I had couple of friends over from work and had dinner together (It was potluck), he was acting like where should I stay after we finish the food. Shouldn’t you guys clean these dishes?!!

At last, I can talk about myself. Ok, I am guessing from my weblog you can tell what kind of a creature I am! But I have to admit that these dudes mostly do not know how to live with roommates. One of the most important things is cleaning after you are done. They are lacking that. You know I am coming to this vivid conclusion that men in general need women to at least tell them, you'd better clean up your mess! and No matter where is the men from or what culture, we are the same!!
I am the only dude who takes out the garbage (at least have been doing that for the past few weeks, I do that becasue the thing gets very stinky!) and knows how to cook in less than an hour from scratch!!

No comments: