Friday, August 26, 2005

Spanish dinner night by one of my roommates!!
1. Had a farily good day and exciting since I get lots of things working at work!

2. Ahmadi Nedjad (Iranian President) recommendation about Yahoo Icons after establishing Islamic government.

3. If you recall the story had all been started by me cursing my roommates and so, they got one after another disappeared from this hunted house that we all live in!! And now you read the rest of story as follows!!
...
What did you think?
No, no, no, I was just kidding.
...
The story starts like this. As I have mentioned I have this Spanish roommate whose birthday was yesterday. Tonight, apparently he decides to invite couple of co-workers for dinner, including me. The gathering was supposed to be starting at 8:00 pm. This was around the time I arrived. He indicated this is going to be Spanish and he will make Spanish food. What was he making, if you wonder: according to him, Spanish omelet! That is made of sliced potatoes plus eggs and onions. You deep fry the potatoes and onions as they become little crispy. Then add eggs and cook like there is no tomorrow in lots of oil! This was the recipe!
By the time I arrived he was frying the sliced potatoes with so much oil in pans that it seemed that the potatoes were soaked or washed by oil. The entire kitchen around the stew was oil saturated! and whatever dishes in the kitchen cabintes were avaliable were used making such a simple dish! Not that I complain, ever! It is friendly chat!(I have to admit that when I had gathering here with 9 people and made lasagna and salad and I didn’t make so much mess.)
Anyhow, add to this scenery the Spanish dude was going to his room and fighting with girl friend for an hour on the cell-phone every 10 minutes being around in the kitchen (do not have any idea, why?). So, finally around 10 the food was ready. But I had to help to remove some oil with technicality and trick! One way was using tissues like Kelinex! Another method was squeezing the omelet between two plates and let the oil run out!
Another thing I learned tonight was the fact there are Spanish wine that is sold in "Tetra pak boxes" like milks! He took those and added some orange juice into it and served as drink to us!
Moreover, I have learned some Germans are terrible people to make connection with. There were two German guys and a German girl who was girl friend of one of them. They were just talking to themselves and as soon as the dinner was finished they took off! No sense of humor what so ever! ok, just a frozen smile!
Oh, have to add this gossip; the British girl next door is in love with Spanish guy! Or at least this is what I percept!

No comments: