Thursday, August 18, 2005

What have we done for our elders!
1. Today, I was sitting in train going to center of Zurich. In one of the stops this group of elders got in to the train. The common plastic bag in their hand made me wonder. When I focused closely on it, I realized it is advertisement for a company which manufactures a hearing aid. I got curious and started to ask about the event. The old lady explained to me that usually there is information sessions held for elders about what is necessary for them to be aware of. And in this case hearing aid is one of them. They would get information about how and where should be used. For who is necessary, etc. After this short conversation I thought by myself, my father definitely need a hearing aid. Why he doesn’t want to get one! Because from here and there has heard it is not comfortable to have one of them. On the other hand, a simple lack of information. Same thing I heard from one of my colleagues back in Iran about his grand father. Conclusion, we have problem by spreading useful information to our people in Iran. Of course, I am sure someone may say what have we done for young that now we should be concern about elders!!!

2. I went to this BBQ tonight which was held on top of the building known as Swiss engineering building. The host was International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience. What this is, is an organization helps all engineers around the world to find training jobs in abroad especially in western countries (including Iran). Of course, this is not the story I wish to talk about.
My story starts when I arrived to the place on top of rough. As soon as I walked in this is what happened.
I saw 3 Middle Eastern looking guys. They are standing by the entrance door. They turn to me and saying: “you look like a guy who speaks Arabic!”
Alireza: I am sorry [but] I do not speak Arabic.
One of those guys: Where are you from, you look Middle Eastern, though?
Alireza: I am from Iran.
One of those guys: Oh, Iran, Arabic, Iranian, almost the same, you should understand Arabic!!
Alireza: I am sorry I do not. You probably can speak Persian, though!!!
One of those guys: But are you a Moslem? aren't you? You must be Moslem!
Alireza: Sorry fellows do I care who has what religion, I don’t. and I am not here to talk religion. I can care less. And I walked away.

You know, I tend to really feel Arabs have this Muslim thing in their blood!! Because whomever I have meet, they start asking me after saying hi, whether I am Muslim or not!!!!

No comments: