Monday, December 29, 2003

What next…after quake…

1. When I was in Dizin resort one thing captured my eyes. It seems that IRI has announced grounds higher than 1000 meter are free zone! It was good to see how young girls were sking without scarf with or without hat! The good thing was no one really paid attention to it!

2. Everywhere I go every space in virtual environment I read people are talking about Bam’s earth Quake. But almost no one has talked about how and what can we prevent this type of natural disasters from occurring again and again?!
Are not we supposed to maintain a standard in construction and buildings based on Iran geotechnical characteristics? (Not just use a blind eyes on American or European standards)
Should not we establish an inspection or professional association with power of investigation on our engineers who perform act of negligence? (In My opinion something like PEO)
I think we should look into new solutions and see how disasters like this quake can be prevented before ever occur.

Anyone wishes to share a view? Looking forward to hear yours.

No comments: