Friday, December 26, 2003

First Ski trip to Dizin

1. My condolences to all relatives and remaining relatives of Bam earth quake. It is so sad and I wished our engineers as well as our governors would pay more attention to standard of building construction when it comes to natural disasters similar to earth quake. Unfortunately, they don't!
2. I like this expression:
Weakness is Tiring
But strength is exhausting!


3. Today, for the first time in this year I went skiing in Dizin resort. I went along with a friend who kindly provided the ride there from upper route (Rahe bALA). This route goes from Northeast of Tehran to Lashkarak and Shemshak and then a road to Dizin resort.
I have to admit after paying attention to this road for the first time in 11 years I realized a great improvement in regard of road pavement. Though, still there are lots of holes in the asphalt! The streets are widened; however there are much work need to be done. The upper route, which connects the Shemshak to Dizin, has had a reasonable improvement since 12 years ago.
What has captured my eye more than anything else is the development of villa and houses around the river and the areas were once not being allowed because of closeness to the creek. All over the road to Dizin you could see real-estates offices selling lands all over Fasham, Oshan, Shemshak, and Meygon!
Moving on, On our way to Dizin we stopped at Kohestan restaurant and had breakfast there. A few meter apart from Kohestan restaurant a school of ice climbing has started to work. When we were passing I saw about 30 people who were trying to climb the ice bars!
we finally arrived to upper part of Dizin resort. First of all, I realized they have started charging cars for parking per say, where they want to get to the resort. They charged us 500 Tomans! There is no real parking, though. You should park just beside the road which used to be for free! We got prepared and put on our equipment and went to buy tickets. The tickets were sold to us for 5500 Toman for each!!
Skiing was great and the fresh mountain air was comforting and peaceful. Getting on the ski lifts were another issue, though! Since today was Friday, there were so many people there, who many of them were truly acting uncivilized! The queues to get into lifts were trouble. In line-ups you were pushed around! Getting so close to the people in the line ups I realized many of them were half or full drank! They had drunk alcohol and they were quite proud of it! (I am not against drinking alcohol, just contrary, however, I am against drinking alcohol where your life or many others may be threatening because of some one’s impropriate judgment or acting due to toxication).
Another scenery, which I found it quite shameful, was when we went to take the life to the pick of the mountain to return to our car! We were standing in the queue when I saw there was a man with his little girl a few meters in the line up in front of us. A Dutch man with his wife was in front of them and there were couple of young fellows around them. Because of the huge crowd people were shoving and pushing around each other. I realized many of my young fellows without any attention to that little girl continued shoving and pushing! When the Dutch guy started to shouting towards the people in line up and telling them there is this small girl here, “please don’t push”!! To My surprise nobody even pay attention to him!!! Thank god we helped her to get into the safe area and get on the telecabin.
Over all, a great experience and I still love skiing, big time:-))

4. I love stories where there are a lot to learn from. I am not a big fan of action movies. I am not sure how many have read the book named !!! Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens. This is a great book and I got an opportunity to watch a movie based on it. I highly recommend it. It is a typical Charles Dickens stories with a little twist where you learn, If you ever try to bring down someone, you may be brought down yourself without knowing of it

No comments: