Monday, December 01, 2003

Web Convention in Tehran cont's.

I went to this web convention. I got amazed with so many enthusiastic people I met! I could tell the weblog booth was one of the most crowded booths there. I had opportunity to meet couple of fellow of webloggers:
1. Vaheed A nice fellow who has been in editorial board of a book called: Veblag-estan-e shishi! I bought it, though!
2. Two energatic and enthusiast fellows Sara Darvish and Neda
3. A cool dude who I had seen his website: Dizi
4. You can see photos of the convention here at Rootoosh bashi
Over all, a geart experience. However, I have to talk about something that I felt the entire system was lacking.
1. There was no internet connection what so ever based on booths I talked to!
2. Many of the jobs these people did was like virtual university or training centre requires High Speed internet access!
Realistically, we have no high speed access, So, many of them were useless for Iran per say!!
****************
moving on, a good friend sent me a joke from US:

An Italian, French and Iranian went for a
job interview in England.
Before the interview, they were told that
they must compose a sentence in English with three
main words: green,
pink
and yellow...
The Italian was first: "I wake up in the
morning. I see the yellow sun. I see the green grass
and I think to myself,
I hope it will be a pink day..."
The French was next: " I wake up in the
morning, I eat a yellow banana, a green pepper and in
the evening I watch the pink panther on TV...
Last was the Iranian, "I wake up in the
morning, I hear the phone "green green", I "pink" up
the phone and I say "Yellow"

No comments: