Wednesday, August 09, 2006

After the conference


The title of this blog seems like after the shock!
...
I am back in one piece and trying to organize myself to further continue of my work.

The presentation was quite good considering I was presenting in front of full audience (about 80 people) and there were even people standing in the corridor. The door was also kept open during my presentation, while people were standing by door! Almost most of the big names in area of Spine biomechanics (Shirazi Adl, Pearcy, Wilke, Rohmann, Bergmann, Wolf, etc.) were in the room!
The chair of the session was Prof. Pearcy who I thought has already passed away!! Funny enough, after the session I asked him, are the famous Prof. Pearcy who has so many publication in regard of kinematics of Spine? He was quite humble to say; yes, but people are nice enough to consider me one of the pioneers!! I have not done so much.
I asked about one about the only missing person from the Spine research gathering, Prof. Panjabi. He said apparently he is retired and I am also semi-retired! According to him, he was only doing some managing in regard of research groups.

I tried to get close to Prof. Shirazi Adl who works in Montreal, Canada. My god, why we, Iranians, become so snobby when we get to a well-known position?! No chance talking to him, he sounded too stiff for my taste!
all and all it was quite great experience. There were about 2800 people in this conference. I have not ever attended any conference with such a huge number of participants.

Now, I am back, I have tons of work. For a day I attended a workshop. Now, I have to get ready to do some in vivo testing.
...
This student of mine who is from US really sometimes pisses me off. Becasue he acts like I have to guide him on every single moment and occasion, otherwise he gets lost! I have much more regards for our own students which I think show higher initiation and enthusiasm.

As soon as I get chance I put up some of the photos.
I still don't have internet at home, so bear with me:D

2. This photo was taken at the receiption of the first day of conferece.
1. One day my boss told me that let's go to new Bayern Muenchen Stadium called Allianz arena. So, there was a friendly game between FCB munchen and Schalke 04.
and the winner was FC Bayern.

No comments: