Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Some news from me and funny story of mine!
1. Since Monday I am here in Bern conducting in vivo motion analysis on spine. THe first day we arrived, I was told one of the the two sets of camera is not working! and we can only use one set! My own supervisor said this process may take 4 weeks! unbelievable, these guys are super slow! There is this research/technician assitant who suppose to help, he gets sometimes on nerve, with this French/swiss accent repeating: Forget it, impossible, too compicated, I mean, no way!!! saying it 20 times! getting red on the face! The first day he was going nuts I had to send him out to work on something else!!! No very pleasant experience! I should stay here at least until Friday, if not longer!

2. Some of you what I do and what was my conferece paper about. I do computer modeling of spine in whole at dynamic motion. purpose is to have a quick and ready-to-test facility to test spine implants.

3. why I started to write about I get worry about Iran and Iranian: I was reading a paper about spine and realizing a cycling and continues motion will hurt your discs and spine (vertebrae). So, I recalled so many Paykan and other cars in Iran which are so un-standard and create lower back pain! what are statistics of that! none, zero! there are days I feel, I should go back in Iran and start a orthopaedic facility to help people. Then, I remember how I was treated, it makes me to think twice!

4. Before I get to Bern, on Friday morning the following event took place with my chinese apartment-mate:

Time: 6:55 am
Location: Mr. Doug and Alireza's apartment (Doung: 40 years of age, married and has a doughter of 10, his wife and doughter in China, though)

Ring ring ring, the phone keeps ringing for 2 mintues! I try to ignore it. While I am sleeping or almost sleeping! The second and third time. Finally, I decide to pick up the phone.

Me: Hello!
Person on the other side: Aouaaa
Me: pardon me?!
POS: chin chong doung?!
Me: sorry, I can't understand Chinese!
POS: chin me talk Mr. Doung?
Me: Do you want to talk to Mr. Doung?
POS: ya, chayouaaa
Me: He is asleep!
POS: I cho have to talk to him. I talk him!!!
Me: sorry but I suppose he is sleeping and I wish not to wake him up!!
POS: ching chang dong, me must talk to him…
Me: sorry, may I take a message?!
POS: tell Mr. Doung, Ms. Sohn is calling!!!
Me: ok, I will. Are you calling from China?
POS: Me Chinese!
Me: I know but are you in Switzerland or China?
POS: I Switzerland!
And she hangs up!
...
I finish with my early routine of preparation to go to work.
Mr. Doung opens his door and comes out!
Me: good morning
DOung: ya ya morning
Me: did you hear the ring around 7:00 am?!
Doung: no n n n (with Chinese accent)
Me: somebody wanted to talk to you, her name was Ms. Sohn!
Doung: I don't chao know anybody with that name!!
2 minutes passes:
Doung: oh, I may be know, she is old lady! …
Ching doung dang and some none senses, my wife she found a job. Very old lady!!
Doung: Did you tell her that I am asleep?! or did you tell him I am not at home!!! (with anxiety in his voice and face!)
Me: I told him you are sleeping in your room!
Doung: sigh of relaxation! Ok, that is good, I know her, thanks!!!!

evening comes and I comeback home from work. My chinese apartment-mate sees me:

Doung: oh oh, do you know the women called?!
Me: no, what should I know about her!!
Doung: I will go to her house tomorrow, ahooa, yo ya!
me: good for you!
doung: sigh for a few seconds! oh, may be I stay there, over night...!
me: ok, I don't want to know more....thanks...

No comments: