Tuesday, February 01, 2005

An unfinished essay…
When and Where

1. When You're Awake
The things you think
Come from the dreams you dream
Thought has wings,
And lots of things
Are seldom what they see
Sometimes you think you've lived before
All that you live today
Things you do come back to you
As though they knew the way
Oh, the tricks your mind can play

It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But i can't remember where or when
The clothes you're wearing and the clothes you wore
The smile you are smiling you were smiling then
But i can't remember where or when
Some things that happen for the first time
Seem to be happening again
And so it seems that we have met before
And laughed before
And loved before
But who knows where or when

2. In my last write up I wrote about married couple and complain of men, in general, after exchanging vows and limitations they claim to be set on them . I have to indicate I never said that this is something 1) everyone does and 2) it is something bad or against the law or anything close to that. Or It implies that man hates his wife.
What I meant was the fact of the psychological state that men and women are usually in when such thoughts cross their minds. I think Pedram (who has not left any e-mail) pointed out correctly.
I also after careful thinking have come up with the following:
Men in general put their work first then family. This is something that society, in whole, call for. People expect the man of family to work bring in money and provide the necessity of life. On the other hand, women tend to scarify more and put their family at highest level. This major difference in mentality is something that causes the word like “what have I done by getting married” to come up men’s mouth. Technically, they wish to spend more time at work, socialize as usual, whereas women, on the other hand, realize the change in life style and adapt themselves to the new situation better and appropriately. So, of course there are people who are not categorized in the above statements. But I am talking in general. Please be advised that what I speculate is my own opinion and does not have any scientific support what so ever. Also, I do not mean that what those men are implying means that they hate their wives!! I would like to hear more about other reasons if anyone wishes to share.

No comments: