Saturday, February 19, 2005

A job with satisfaction!
Back in Canada when I was working for ATS Canada in a small town called Cambridge. I had time in evenings to spend for my own. One of my hobbies was to hang around in the central library of Kitchener and read anything that I could get my hands on. During this time I read books like Samarkand by Amin Maalouf storey of how Rubaiyaat were put together by Khaayam; From Palace to Prison by Ehsan Narghi and a few other books. As I was getting more and more involved with the library I get to know people who were running the library. During this time of readings I had observed that lots of students come in to do their home works, however they usually sit somewhere that other people sit in to read newspapers or books. In fact, they had to sit in general area. Therefore, I felt a place for students who wish to do their homework is quite necessary. So, I suggested setting up a homework centre. Then I started to spend time for this volunteer work after my day job. After almost a month the centre opened up. I put quite lots of efforts in teaching new comers and students who needed help. Once a guy who had showed up several times before, invited me to participate in the science competition that was held in his school than his parents!!
So, I spend about one year there and this was something I was looking for everyday. This was a gratifying job which was providing amusement to my daily life.
I felt we better do what we enjoy most. And Do things that give us satisfaction. Perhaps this is something to learn from.

No comments: