Wednesday, December 01, 2010

The Surgery!

It has been more than 28 years since I had any surgery. I had two surgeries on one my eyes when I was a little boy due to external trauma had happened to my eye. In less than 5 days I will have the third one! I can say I have waited for this surgery for more than 25 years!
I recall my very first surgery was a long one which I was under it for more than 11 hours. The second one was even longer or about the same time!
Now, the Dr. will preform several procedure and that will take only about 1.5 hours! Incredible, how far technology has taken us in almost 30 years! I am also told the precedure will be preformed under local anesthesia rather than a general anesthesia.
In any case, I will try to write here more after my operation, to note the outcome of the operation.
Due to lack of endothelium cells as the trauma was severe, I am told if my vision does not improve within few weeks of this operation I may have to receive a corneal transplantation. So, I shall see what is next for me in the basket!

1 comment:

Nirvana said...

Alireza jan omidvaram ke jarahie khoobi dashte bashi va razi bashi.