Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 2 after surgery and the rest of story!

I came home from Drs. office. A few hours feeling fine, slowly as time passed by the end of the evening I felt little more pressure in my eye. I slept and the next day, woke up feeling more pressure in my eye. It was around 12:00 pm all of sudden I felt that I am starting to feel motion sickness once again. So, as soon as I felt this way, I called a Taxi heading towards Drs office. when I arrived there, I couldn't keep my eyes open as felt vomiting, continuously.
Funny enough as many time before I see the Drs, there are technicians who measure how does your see. So, he called me to his office. I thought I am going to see the one of Drs. With sever cramp in my stomach and feeling to vomit, the guy started to ask me to cover my left eye and tell him what do I see with the right eye. All of the sudden, I got angry. Are you not getting it??!! I am in disarray vomiting and feeling trouble. What the heck are you talking about? I can't see a thing everything is blurry!
The guy ask me to sit outside and soon Drs will see me!
after almost an hour wait despite the fact I am telling them I feel severe motion sickness and can't move.
I was seen by the fellow of main surgeon who measured my eye pressure stating it was 45 Hgmm! He quickly proceeded with the aspiration procedure by removing fluid from inside of my cornea. Right after the procedure, I felt comfort and the motion sickness was gone. I was told to sit outside and wait for next several hours as they wish to monitor me to see how the eye pressure will change.
While waited outside, the main surgeon Dr. I.A. comes out of the other room, asking me, how are you doing my friend! I am aware of your condition and must have been associated with the surgery. We shall take care of it and try to fix it. I was relieved with what he said, as he took responsibility of his work.
After 1 hour he once again measured my eye pressure and it was already gone from 12 to 21 mmHG! So, he did the aspiration one more time and removed some fluid from my eye. After that I was told to continue taking Acetazolamide 250 mg 4 per day or even more if needed and continue with the drops. I should also come in every day to the Drs. office, so they can monitor my eye until it seems stable.
So, after that I started to take Acetazolamide 250 mg 4 times a day. Acetazolamide removes fluid from the body parts and take them to the kidney. Therefore, I had to go frequently to the washroom.
So, the next day, early morning, once again, I went in and my eye pressure was about 22 mmHG. Once again aspiration procedure. I waited another hour and the Dr. measured the pressure. He said slightly has gone up, So, one more time poking needle in my eye. I think this time he was pissed off, as he reduce the eye pressure to as low as 7 mmHG.

After that, I visited him the next day early morning in the office. He said the pressure is now 18 mmHG. he stated, I want to stop poking needle to your eye. So, try to keep the pressure under control with the medications.

So, after almost 4 days the pressure seemed to be stable. the next day I reduced Acetazolamide amount to two and the next day to one pill and finally by Sunday I stopped taking it.
I have continued the drops and things seem normal.

The following procedure is shown has performed on my eye with the same type of Intraocular lens known as Phakic.

No comments: