Thursday, December 09, 2010

Day 1 After surgery!

I have an appointment at 9:30 am in the Drs office. After a night of totally feeling motion sickness, vomiting the entire night, and not being able to eat a bite except a few sip of water to keep my mouth moist.
I arrived in the Drs office after telling them I don't feel well.
Within a half an hour I was admitted by the associate of the Dr XX who performed the surgery.
Dr. N: how are you doing?
Me: Terrible, I feel I am in a plane in which there is continuous tubulance and I have been hanged from leg from top of the plane! I can't even keep my eye open for more than a seconds otherwise I vomit.
Dr: have a sit I measure intraocular pressure (IOP).
After using Tonometer to measure my eye pressure, he stated that the number is 45 mmHg (normal is between 6-20 mmHg). He states that he has to remove some of the fluid from my eye to reduce the pressure.
by poking a syringe into my cornea under slit lamps and telling me looking straight and not moving he does that.
while he was removing the fluid, I felt better and better by every cc fluid removed from my eye.
So, measuring eye pressure after that procedure, he states that is now 20 mmHg. He gave me two new drops (Combigan and Azopt 1%) besides 3 previous ones. He told me to use them twice daily.
I ask why this happened? what is going on that I develop such a high eye pressure.
He stated there are some gel we have injected between cornea and the interocular lens to create the required spacing in the anterior chamber of the eye. It seems the gel reduces the drainage of fluid produced inside the eye and therefore you develop higher eye pressure.
I told him, are you aware that I have not been able to eat anything since the night before the surgery. He said, you should be able to eat something now that the pressure is down and he is hoping with the drops the pressure is controlled. To his suggestion I made my second appointment for a week later and I thank him and left the office.

1 comment:

Nirvana said...

چه عمل سختی داشتی .امیدوارم که حالت بهتر باشه.