Thursday, July 03, 2008

me and this Arab guy from Syria


As I said, There is this Arab-Syrian (as he put it himself) has come here to do his Masters project.
This morning I arrived in the office and said hello! He asked me if I know of an adaptor for his laptop since its cable doesn't have Swiss transformer. I Looked at it and said, this is British or Australian plug. You asked one our colleagues...
Before I finish my sentence he said, but this is an American plug!!! I bought is in the Gulf area, I used to work there, in Ghatar!!!
Excuse me??, I said.
Which Gulf, Mexican gulf are you talking about or Persian Gulf. He said, we refer to that ... Before he finishes, I said, Persian Gulf is Persian gulf, no gulf, no unknown Arabian something. You should respect that, otherwise I will call Syrian Land, Israel!! Would you like that??

Anyhow, after long conversation, I convince him that Land like Bahrain, U.A.E were belong to Iran about 50 years, ago. And British, somehow, separated those land by trick or lack of political will in Iran, then!!
Other surprising issues, I heard from this guy:

This unknown arabian gulf was the name there, always!!! He didn't know that poor Egyptian President Jamal Abdol Naser was the first who used this unknown word!!

He thinks that one of the province in Iran is Arab-e-s-tan ( That would be Khozestan) and Iran has occupied that land!!!!!! (ok, excuse my language, i am not sure who M...F... teaches these craps to these the Arab Brains!)

Positive out come: by end of today, He does not make any mistake to call Persian Gulf anything less than that!

One other think, He has his own small carpet and every few hours, he praises on it in the office!!

despite all that, he seems all right guy!
What I am wondering what kind of propaganda they do in Arab land against Iranians!!

No comments: