Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A real threat!!

One of the worst threat that I am seeing in Iranian diasporas is is dread of Iranians from one another!
For the past 18 years being out of Iran I am seeing the many new comers to western world they have bring in with them those hatred and revulsion that are existing among Iranians in Iran especially between political and intellectual figures, not to mention the ordinary individuals and families.
I have witnessed the wave of first large educated Iranian immigrants in late and early 90s to Canada. Many of those who arrived in Canada in early 90s and earlier were simple and young people who ran from IR and came to make a better world for themselves. They learn from the communities and then they give back.
Later, those who came in late 90s already had money and were educated and influential in their own faction. Since they were seeing that they are now not as important and influential as they used to be, many of them tried anything to become what they were. Those arrived I have seen have promoted their needless rivalry as well as “I am better than you” culture. You hear sentences like: which university have gone to? was it Sharif university of Technology or Tehran university? if there is none of them, "oh you are not worth talking to!"
Those intellectual, on the other hand, came in under big suppression from their own editors or government's biases and felt since they are now free, they should question any activities the other intellectual or journalist is implementing or proceeding.
Let me give examples, A friend of mine who emigrated to Canada in 2000 once invited me to a coffee shop for a drink. While walking on the street of Toronto he greeted many fellow Iranians who were also new immigrants. After each greet he would explanation to me: “ this guy you just saw, he stole about couple of millions and now is here!, he is just smart to forging something! he was bribing everyone and getting his way going!” to my amazement there were so many Iranians who my friend regarded as being "technically talking mentally corrupted" or forging and stealing! but regarded them as quick and smart! Since then I have witness many with that categories.
The journalists: Mr. H. D. who arrived on shore with his ex-wife and now according to him already owns “Canadian passport”, traveling around the world to promote what I call as Libel and slender against his own fellows. at least that can be seen in his webpage!
Engineers: Many rather help the non-Iranians than Iranians when it comes to job hunting and providing correct info.
University Professors: rather than backing one another, they put each other down!

I simply believe this is a big threat and if this way of unhealthy relationship continues among Iranians, I think we shall lose more than what we have lost. Perhaps someone can help to improve these relationships.

[this short article is written in less than 15 min, my apologies for mistakes and spellings!]

No comments: