Monday, June 11, 2007

Is it human naturally corrupted!
1. I am not sure if human is rooted in corruption or power spreads corruption!
in any case, I always wonder about the statement, you are not guilty until it is proven otherwise, when does this statement becomes true and when does not!
what I always wonder is if you look at the logo of any Judiciary from any country,for instance, Iran judiciary, a woman which is blindfolded is shown and has a scale in her hand!(I realized this was from Previous government, now there is only scale shown!) does that mean the law must be blinded when a verdict is issued! Or the fairness is accomplished if the verdict is blindly implemented based on described laws!

I am not sure if you have heard about the study of infamous 1971 Stanford prison experiment, where a group of students were randomly assigned to become prisoners or prison guards. The experiment demonstrated the power of the situation in producing acts of 'evil'. apparently, some student who were performing as a guard were so brutal that they had to stop the experiment.

p.s. added today: I just came across this link today: interesting topic about what Mr. Stéphane Dion (the current head of Liberal party) has said about power and the author of the article point of view.

you can read on:
The podcast features an interview with Philip Zimbardo, the director of the original prison study and professor of social psychology at Stanford university. The interview was originally broadcast on the19th April 2007, being featured in the BBC Radio 3 programme Nightwaves.





2. This Chinese flatemate of mine makes me to write about him.
He always watch desperate housewife. Today, when I walked in to our apartment seeing him screaming!
I started to ponder what is happening? I notice there is scene that one of the actresses going to cut the other actress main vein or artery. I had to tell him, this is just a movie!
Then after movie, he walks around and starts to sing Chinese song!!

No comments: