Monday, January 22, 2007

Trust, Acknowledgment!
1. One of the most interesting qualities that I think we should honor in here is matter of trust! On the daily bases it is common around 10:00 o’clock students, employees, directors shall go to the coffee room to have tea, coffee, or cake as someone may bring in. There is list in this room that everyone’s name is written on it. Simply, whomever drinks a coffee draws a line in front on his name under the given date and if drinks tea he will be charged a flat number for every months, if he acknowledges he has had tea! Any money collected is deposited to an account and it is spent for coffee beans for our coffee machine, couple of different tea bags and also our yearly Christmas lunch. What makes me to appreciate this attitude is the fact that everyone who takes a coffee or anything else does the routine and they never cheats or if they cheat it is because they have forgotten!
Another example is when I go skiing! You can sit in another compartment of the train and leave your skis in another, I have yet to see someone steal the equipment.

2. As a graduate student we are trained and get paid to think! But I wonder does this procedure turn out to be well!? I have always heard that people who receive big cashes are the one who can think of earthshaking ideas and start changes! I once read this story about Einstein that is probably fictional, but I like it the message it conveys. Supposedly, Einstein was confronted by a student who said that he kept pencil and paper by his bed in case an idea surfaced while he was sleeping. “do you do that’ he asks from Einstein. Einstein replies: ‘I seldom get ideas!’ He replies.
I think great ideas do happen as we have seen all along but it does not happen when we expect them most. They happen when we least expecting them!

3. I have to acknowledge Dr. wanna be Salman knowledge in continuum mechanics who delighted me with his help. babam jan, he is genius. Iran loses such a great talent! what shame! His looks at these equations and digesting them all with no time it is amazing!! I want to tell him my high appreciation and thanks for his unweaving support!

4. Diet of my Chinese flatmate:
1. Fungus + leeks and vegetables!
2. Fungus water with micro rice!
3. Dry Fungus with dead fish!;-)
4. Deep Fry fungus with pork meat and no additive
5. soup with pickles (normal Pickles)!
6. Add to above big time chili spice!

No comments: