Friday, December 25, 2009

New Mohsen Namjo and Golshifteh farahani's video song!

I just come across this video. I have difficult time to form any opinion on this video. however, I give my 2-cents:

the song in general is innovative.
The lyrics has used main stream vocabularies similar to "be ga raft!". I think it is not quite common in Iran musical scene where such idioms are rarely used in a song!
The music is fusion of traditional "tar" and  "piano" instruments where the the tendency is given to broader musical rhythm, beat. The problem I think with this song is the repeatation of the lyrics. I understand the song requires this repeatation but it become little boring after a few lines.
The video is made quite well, that is why it does not let you to take you eye of the screen!
in general, I feel Namjoo wishes to describe anxiety that is in Iranians' outside and inside of Iran with such morse like lyrics but then using main stream words, so making a contemporary feel..

No comments: