Saturday, December 19, 2009

Anneversiry of Naser Abdolahi passed away!

How does time fly, it amazes me. Individual's life in cycle of life is almost is needle head in haystack.
It has been three years passed since Naser Abdolahi passed away due to kidney complications. His dead was not exactly investigated, I assume that is for a reason.
In any case, in 2002 when I was back in Iran, I attended his concert in Milad Hall in Tehran International exhibition center. I was amazed how young people praised him especially young girls who were in in the concert, they were screaming and dancing to his songs. He was the sign of change in Iran.
Back in my high school years, we were not supposed to listen to any music similar to Mr. Abdolahi's songs. Those music were considered impure and and agianst the Islam!! those who would listen to it, would have broken law and could have been punished! what were thse days!! damn!
His music was a fusion of 70's mixed with Bandari style from south of Iran, based on his classic guitar and drum performance.

I think it worth revisiting some of his works may be found in youtube.
May rest in peace.



I think he performed this song in the concert I attended.

1 comment:

Tarkhoon said...

okhey ali joon khaily khoob bood ahangesh:D