Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ethical issues...
I have been always fascinated by ethical issues which are rising in any field of study!
It could be engineering, biotechnology and genetics or Law & order and sociology. But what I want to discuss it was after seeing Photos of Eftari Party in LA.
On one hand, I am learning to respect people's idea as long as they are not harmful to anyone.
having said that, as you see in the photos, these people have a new interpretation of Islam. Men and women can mingle after being separated in the so called mosque and praying! Does this interpretation is valid? Can we ethically do what we feel with religion?
and the most important question of all, if we believe in something different, shall we pretend to act differently to preserve of our interest?

I gave an example, once in Iran I was offered a job to be working as head of the manufacturing engineering of the British American Tobacco company to produce, cigarettes. I was also had an offer to work in GM to make military related machineries in Canada. I turn them both down. becasue I felt ethically I am responsible to my actions and towards the society.
but the offers were lucrative. BAT offered around a world training for 18 months with good pay GM also did that. I turn the job down, because I ignored my interest!
I am wondering if those who don't do as I did, are they ethically responsible? can we blame them for things happen?

No comments: