Friday, September 01, 2006

Their country; our country, summer recipe and alot more!…
1. Sitting inside the S-Bahn (a train commuting between two close cities) going to my home, there were 4 young boys and girls sitting and talking and drinking can beers. The next stop they get off the train. Soon after they left, the controller comes in and starts to check the tickets. As soon as he gets to the seats that those guys were sitting, he started to collect the remaining cans left by them and also collect the news paper left around me and other seats. Then, dump them inside the closest garbage bin. This may not limited to the collector, I have seen children, young, and old do the same. If someone leaves anything on the ground they tend to throw them out.
I recall when I was quite young, around 8 years of age, we were going to North of Iran for some holiday. I was sitting with my uncle (Daei) at the back seat. He started to peel off an orange and then to my surprise dump them out of the car window!!! I started to cry and getting upset. I went as far as I wanted to go back home! When I think almost none of people in the car were as upset as I was.
At that time I started to develop this question, would we do the same thing when we are in proximity of our home? What is our country? Isn’t that we should consider ouw own country our real home? Aren’t we supposed to keep it clean and pleasant for ourselves and generations to come?
Of course, dumping garbage in any area has its own reasons.
1. may be there is no garbage bin around.
2. No space to keep them.
3. I think our government has done a poor job advertising culture of garbage collecting.
4. Today, I was reading in the news that sewer connections of Tehran will be ready in 25 years. The head of Haydro and sewer organization has indicated the underground sewer connections will be implemented in next 25 years!! It is quite interesting while I was in Canada during Mr. Karbaschi tenant, Iran received about couple of hundred million from World Monitory Found (WMF) to implement this project. However, after certain years nothing done for the project, the money was lost and WMF said this time they will not provide Iran with the money, though with progress report against money!
I wonder a government which does not feels Iran is its own home, how would they respond about this nuclear energy scenario?

In Switzerland many ministers big bosses have this tendency to take train and bike to work. On their way, if something doesn’t work they try to investigate and fix it! Compare this to many countries around the world where the head of governments sitting in their protected cars and not seeing anyone!

2. Regimes which are not into democracy usually have to create a virtual enemy and have everyone’s attention to that, so whomever says anything against the status quo is treated as a traitor.
Having said that as I have been dealing with this imperialism regime of cold virus. It all started with a simple soar throat. My throat was complaining. I removed anything inside my throat complaining!! I will take your attention to the fact that this imperialism is quite against me living a prosper life without running nose and soar throat! This filthy virus wishes to stop me from my very own right to go out and have fun! Down with cold virus and bacteria. I will take economic and food embargo so, they have nothing to eat and die for ever! Enshalah, Nasro menalah va fah on gharib!!

A summer recipe
3. For those in warm climate I wish to recommend the following recipe so, you can enjoy a life without sanction and have these fruits mixed and swallow!
Have you heard the expression Cool as a cucumber (Khiaar)? This is feeling we all relish in the hot, maybe humid days of summer. Do you know what keeps a cucumber so cool? Water. About 95 percent water, in fact. The interior temperature of a cucumber can remain 20 degrees Fahrenheit cooler than the outside skin from the cooling effect of the water in the cells.
So having said that let’s try the new recipe:
Pineapple, red pepper and cucumber salad:
1/3 cup (75ml) granulated suger
½ cup (125) cider vinegar
1 cucumber
1.5 cups (375ml) chopped peeled fresh pineapple (can is also possible, too)
1 sweet red paper, cut in thin strips salt
¼ (1ml) hot paper sauce
¼ (aml) freshly ground pepper
6 cups (1.5 L) baby spinach (Sfenaj) leaves or normal lettuce (KAhoo)
25 ml chapped fresh basil (Reyhoon khodemoon)
In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, gently heat suger and vinegar, stirring until dissolved. Increase heat to medium and bring to gentle boil. Cook until liquid turns a deep caramel color. Remove from heat and let cool just until bubbles subside.
Meanwhile, cut cucumber in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into thin slices. Place in a heatproof bowel with pineapple, red pepper, ½ tea spoon salt, hot pepper sauce and pepper. Pour sugar mixture into bowel and toss gently to coat, the caramel will harden but will melt again. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until caramel is melted or for up to 8 hours. Season with more salt to taste.
Divide spinach or lettuce leaves among chilled salad plates. With a slotted spoon, place cucumber mixture on top. Drizzle salads with some of the dressing left in bowel. Sprinkle with basil.
Eat this recipe with your loved ones:-)
Nooshe jan...

No comments: