Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Back in one piece!
Arzam be hozore Olamaa, to all my daily readers, where shall I start?! I shall start from somewhere!

1. The city called Benidorm. A tourist based city in south of Spain on coast of Mediterranean sea. What else, you would say? Must be something, ya? Actually, no! The city can be referred to as a small Manhattan! A city with very ugly high rises with no local preservation of its old characters! Beaches full of people and no space to your sight!
That is of course is why I do not recommend a vacation there.

We arrived to Benidorm from Alicante airport. The next day, we had registration and usual stuff at the hotel. So, I did the procedure and after I received my package, I hanged my badge on my neck and looked at it! It was stated on the tag, Alireza...from Swaziland!

So, I laughed a little bit without being aware that this country even exists on face of earth! The first day passed and it was by the afternoon of the second day! This French guy approaches me and says: ”oh, oI caen not help it, but wonder, where in Swaziland (pronounced Swozioland) do you study!? I looked at him with exclamation in my face, this is funny, I am not from Swaziland, I am from Switzerland. He continues without much attention to me; “yes, OI waos watching a program on Television couple of weeks ago, and OI know that your king has 18 wives!!(all with French accent, that is why the spellings are changed!)
I did not care and I walked away.

The next day, I was leaving my room and going to the hall of conference right in the elevator an old lady gets on the elevator.
With heavy South African accent she starts: "oh, We are neighbours! how do you live in that country by the way? I heard there is a big depression! And I didn’t know they have university, too!! She said if you go back, come to South Africa and visit us!! To my surprise she said I didn’t know that Swaziland has white people, too." By this time we arrived to the first floor and I politely smiled and walked away!

It was the same day and I once again on the elevator. I have this I am not sure looks that children, unlike women, get attracted to me! Anyhow, this Spanish family gets on the elevator with me. After usual HOLA, the child comes and gets my right leg and smiles! Then I smile back. All of the sudden, the mother sees my conference tag and with rounded eyes says, Swaziland! Women, she said! I tried to explain in English and all of the sudden she started to pull her child by force from my leg! As soon as the elevator's door opened up they jumped out! This time I got really pissed off and walked to the registration booth and asked to have my badge changed! To my luck, they said the printer is out of tune! So, I continue wearing the badge and enjoy the comments from people!!

3. Ok, number three comes later since I have to talk about why we missed our plane.

4. Let me get to number 4 from my previous post! You may think so, after writing that story about Iranian women I have got tons of proposal and compliments! De, you made a mistake!
Statistics of replies:
10 people including your comments and e-mail appreciated that I wrote the essay and gave me a comment.
One person jokily proposed!
And about 6 to 7 e-mails complained.
Some of complains:
I should write like this what else. Iranian men have always taken advantage of Iranian women!
I bet you want to buy a heart of an Iranian girl otherwise you guys never write anything like this!!
Who do you think you are making fun of Iranian girl!!

So, drawing a simple conclusion: I should not write about Iranian women and appreciate them. However, to kill the hand of enemy which is coming out of sleeve of imperialism I keep writing!!! stay tune for the next time!:-)

No comments: