Friday, November 07, 2008

the worst thing in your life!
I wanted not to write, but the truth is here is the only place I feel at home and talk without being judged! of course I am not afraid of being judged ...
having said that the worst thing in your life in my opinion is that you are not healthy, next to that is if you have to explain basic concepts to those who supposed to be more knowledgeable than you are!!!!
I had to sit and explain more than 2 hours yesterday evening to my boss and a colleague, what is the differences between center of rotation (COR) and helical axis of rotation between. Sounds difficult? I would assume yes, if you would not be a mechanical engineer.
Helical axis (HA) is some representation of the motion in 3D space where you can break down any motion to rotation about and translation along that HA and that is equivalent to screw axis in 2D, considering screw axis can not show translation since the axis is perpendicular to the plane of rotation
on the other hand, COR is an imaginary center that a body rotates about it.
The both may relate but it is not a necessary condition!
now, in study of biomechanics of spine, those who would like to objectively quantify pain, they may use HA to relate migration of the HA to motion of vertebrae and the relation to the back pain in which concept of stability must be tackled.

This sounds difficult, read wikipedia for plot and more explanations. all and all, don't know why but I am at work today 6:45 am, didn't feel to sleep!!
oh, talking to myself is fun! I am becoming crazy:)) nice

2. Just added later: I feel good since I understood a very important concept in Spine biomechanics and I prove it to myslef, mathematically and well. I am kinda feel good, this may last not long, since soon I will find out there is some other things I should understand:))

No comments: