Monday, November 17, 2008

A long long time ago, not so far distance
Booooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm, what is going on, it is Iraqi bombarding, let’s go down stairs to the door frames and shear walls where the house is technically safer, as my dad used to say!
Those years are gone. It seemed a remote distance from those years. The years of struggle with our own identity, lack of youngster fun that it was needed and the protection against the war.
The years that Islamic government of Iran forced suppression on Iranian young teenagers like us. My dream was just to have freedom and hang around with people around my age in the not far distance from our home.
Those years the corner of my comfort was basketball club of Homa team in Enghelab clyb which I used to play in, the Asadi shemiran club, or biking around our house to play street football and volleyball.
The time passed so quickly that it seems like ages since those years is passed. After many years when I was back, those faces they were all either gone, got married or gone on with their own life. Couldn’t be found.
From a class of 41 people in high school in Iran, I know more than 25 now don’t live in Iran. It is amazing the number when you see that!
Today, I live with other dreams for many years to come…

No comments: