Monday, August 04, 2008

How did you spend the weekend! Jura!
1. First of all, the weekend was relaxing and at the same time full of exercise! I was in region in CH is called Jura. They speak French and they have nice area who can go Kayaking and Horseback riding! I get to practice very little French (since I don't know any!) and German since many didn't speak any English!
As customary to my Journeys I take public transport (not to mention I have no car!:) and therefore I get a chance to read fairly well.
This week with so much hype with National Geographic article about Iran and Persian Empire I went to newspaper kiosk and bought a copy.
After reading the article about Iran and enjoy the truth about many statement written in the article, e.g. The first and most phrase people told to the author of the article is "We are not Arabs!!".
The second article I get my focus on was about Moscow: the city never sleeps. As a curiosity, I wanted to understand how is Moscow and how safe it is in what extend while has most millioners in it. Almost to the end of the article, a page before last, I came across these phrases:
-->
"In this cacophony a millionaire could expand and relax. For one thing, no guns are allowed inside Diaghilev. The club had a 40-man security force, and any customer who felt in dire need of protection was assigned a personal bodyguard. A bomb dog had sniffed the chairs, and a security briefing had alerted the staff about special needs, such as guests from Iran who did not want to be photographed drinking champagne with scantily clad models. I had followed Yegor through a back door. How Yegor arranged my visit I did not know, but the chief of security was not pleased."

I started to wonder who could be this Iranian guy who doesn't want to be photographed or named! Could be one of our famous childern of Ayatolahs' in Iran!? Perhaps. If anyone knows please step forward and write it!


2. National Geographic has an old Persian map enclosed with big Persian Gulf name. I am intending to hang it on my office wall, so the Arab guy can see it big and bold!!

3. This Arab guy is sometimes going on my nerve I am intending to ignore him. One of last week days, We started to talk about Israel and Arabs! and I said killing is not an answer to anything we see today!
He replied with his heavy Arabic accent, If someone kills your brother what would you do? I would try to find out why that happened and what was the reason for it! I replied.
He answered, no I would kill him! I said why? he replied. No matter what I would kill him!! after a few back and forth, I gave up! In his opinion you should kill whomever killed you brother! he said. no mercy!
Anyhow, he is too violent for my taste!
I now avoid him or even talking to him!

See the ancient Iran photos

3.3. answer to recent fuss about article written in Spiegel, German language tabloid!!
from National Geographic: "Among the carvings there are soldiers, but they're not fighting; there are weapons, but they're not drawn. Mainly you see emblems suggesting that something humane went on here instead—people of different nations gathering peace­fully, bearing gifts, draping their hands amiably on one another's shoulders. In an era noted for its barbarity, Persepolis, it seems, was a relatively cosmopolitan place—and for many Iranians today its ruins are a breathtaking reminder of who their Persian ancestors were and what they did."

No comments: