Saturday, May 31, 2008

Once upon a time in canada
I read that Molla Hassani has gone to the court for his fine received in Canada. I recalled when I was back in Canada, I got similar but slightly more intresting story of my own.

My story starts like that, one evening I parked my car in front of a fire pipe, however, not exactely in front of it, enough far where the pipe was accessable.
I was technically about a few cm outside of correct parking place in downtown of Toronto. So, when I get back I saw nice fine was on my car's windshield.
So, right from beginning I always liked to work as a lawyer, so I decided to send it for court.
The day of court came in. I knew if the police officer who has issued the fine does not show up in the court, I am lucky enough to have my fine waived. So, I was hoping that at bottom of my heart.:-)

(So, after I went into the court, I said, ah this is how court look alike! (later I realized this is just for traffic related court!!).
The judge came in and the lady judge assisstant read about the process.
I was asked to stand in introducing myself for the records, I realized, damn the officer is there!! I got little lost but I said I stick to my defence!!
So, the judge asked me, would you consider yourself guilty or not guilty!
I pronounce myself not guilty.

So, then The judge asked if officer can step up in the witness stand and explain what has happened.

Making long story short after that I was asked if I can defend myself. I said. But I wish to have the officer as a witness.

Me: Do you know what color is my car!
He replied: like dark gray, however, the car was gray light one.
Me: Do you know what my car license number is?
He simply read from the remaining of the fine.

Then, I was waiting for that to be happening, I asked the judge to give a motion to dismiss the case granting (I had just learned that from law and order series!!) for the fact that the color of my car and one of the numbers of my car's license number is different from the one written on the fine receipt, as a result there is reasoble doubt that the fine was written for another car and it was mistakenly palced on my car or perhaps it was a late evening, and the honorable officer could not exatly pin point which car was closer to the fire pipe!

I think the judge was quite amazed with the way I approached this case, because she smiled and said, the case is dismissed and I was waived of any payment!

No comments: