Wednesday, September 05, 2007

How do the Chinese survive or how do the Chinese multiply!




1. Not sure if this is right title for what I am going to write. I think I have described my Chinese housemate. After lots of wondering I realized how Chinese have survived throughout centuries!
Please look closely to the above photos! The fish was frozen and left outside for more than day until completely defrosted. See the water in the background!
They usually leave frozen meat for hours not to mention days on the kitchen counter. The most loved meat, according to my housemate, is the one that is boiled, then fried and then cooked. Or, If they boil the meat in ginger and spices they have, simply leaveing it outside on the stew for at least 3 days and they say it taste better!
Milk for example, is usually left on the kitchen counter for at least few hours! I am not talking about ultra-high temperature (UHT) pasteurization milks. I am talking about those that should be saved only kept in refrigeration. Having said that he keeps saying to me Chinese most preferred food is fungus! The fungus that is growing on the cut wood. Not mushroom, though fungus that none Chinese throw out!

Another observation about Chinese family is as they grow more familiar with you; though I don’t talk to them since they (except the husband) don’t know a single word of English, they have been here for almost 2 month; they behave poorly towards you.
More or less all respects happened from beginning start to disappear. I have observed that nature in Iranian Children, too. I have to admit that the daughter of family which is 11 or 12 yeas of age has become ruder and impolite that is difficult for me to imagine since I have seen her for the past two months. At the beginning she was quite shy and quiet. But she speaks loud, impolite and with attitude!

So, drawing conclusion that is how Chinese survived, because of the food they consume!

No comments: