Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Analysis!
I finally had a chance to watch President Ahmadi Nedjad address to Colombia University students and their Q&A session.
I have read so far a few pro and cons commentary about this address. One of the most ridiculous one I read was that president of Colombia University insulted and disrespected the Iranian president and Iranians.

After careful listening and watching the event I have to make these commentaries of mine:

1. President of Colombia University Mr. Lee Bollinger was demonstrating the other side of the two ideas confrontation and debate. I tend to agree that he has little cross the line in his final part of his speech and may be insulting Mr. AN, but his quotes were completely correct and were valid.
He was presenting the group who are opposing Mr. Ahmadinejad. He was not the moderator. He was protesting voice to IR of Iran regime.
So, having said that he could make those comments and in my opinion there should be no opposition.

2. We did not see a single disrespect from the moderator and that was definitely on the track with freedom of speech.

3. Mr. AN speech was a preach of a man who feels is a sender of the god. He did not what so ever address the issues that brought up by Mr. Bollinger. He just preached that god and angles and human are excellence. Or something like that I idn’t watch after 10 min the rest!

4. President Ahmadi nedjad was on many occasions quite uncomfortable about the questions he was receiving. I think this was quite amusing for the audience. When he was asked ”why he denies holocaust”, he replied: ” I am defending right of European scholars!!” At the same time he claimed since we continuously conduct research on the physics we shall continue research on Holocaust, too [my opinion: if something is accepted and is facet why conducting research and spending money!]. The moderator repeated the question once again and Mr. Ahmadi Nedjad simply said:”all I am saying is we should continue to do research as we do on any subjects like Physics, Chemistry, …, GOD, and …” I think this was one of the highlights of his speech and the Q and A. So, we can conduct research on almost everything even god and its existence and etc.!
(no one emphasized on this fact!)

5. In general, he tried to cover his ass, sorry for my uneducated sentence, since he wanted not to make the hardliners in Iran unhappy with himself as well as not repeating those comments that agitates world community; he tried to manoeuvres around the questions rather than answering them directly.

6. I think overall, to may opinion, he was a loser since he did not address the facts and those real questions it was raised.

7. I think another highlight was when he said women are completely free in Iran and there is no gay or homosexual in Iran!!!!!!!!! The audience were booing!

see the rest in Youtube:

No comments: