Thursday, August 09, 2007

A few observations and Questions

1. Past recent days, walking on the streets of Zurich I see many Arab women who are wearing veil (German say, Kopf Tuch) and Islamic uniform. I know they are Arab since they speak in this language, so it is nothing about being biased about one race. (The Turks waering their veil differently). Going back to what has come to my mind: We have been talking about freedom and saying that Islam has given everyone the same right. Considering that is the true statement and IR of Iran claims that they are implementing Islamic (Sharii) law, therefore forcing women to wear veil. Having said that when a foreign women comes to Iran, they are supposed to comply with Iranian law and wear veil. Considering again that is correct act and every individual visiting a country must comply with local law. I wonder how come these veil wearing women do not remove their veils when they come to western countries to comply with local law and people!

2. My Chinese housemate and family for the past few days have only one diet. Chinese Dumplings. You can learn how to make it. Not sure why it smells so strange to my nose. I am biased!

3. Ah, I'd better go do my laundry!

4. My computer doesn't work, and the software I need aren't working either! So, I felt to add this:
In Canada what makes me wonder is about the associations of different ethnicities from same country! It kind of remind me of those "Tekeh and Hosseineh" which belong to many Azari decedents. Hossyneh Zanjani haye moghime markaz!!
having said that in Canada this trend is apparently is getting stronger as well. If I am not mistaken government of Canada should support those association to promote their cultural values and seems that is one the motivations for such activities!
have a look at this:
Association of Khorasani's in Canada
Iranian Association of Ontario
I don't want to look for all but I know there is Azari association, etc.

No comments: