Sunday, August 05, 2007

Almost first time





I have first to congratulate on the achievement of the Iranian basketball team in 2007 Asian games. By winning the final they achieved not only the first place in Asia CUp 2007 but also they found a spot in 2010 Olympic games for first time in 60 years!
I kind of can call myself a basketball expert. I started to play in Iran with a team was called Homa in under 21 Championships. and continue that almost until I left Iran. later I got coaching card and coached a few under 21 teams in Canada. I played with and against many of those generation who in my opinion started what we see today, Ali Safa Kamali, Bahrami mayid, and a few I can't recall their names! and coaches like Reza Shojapour, Abolhasani, etc.
but once again I think this a great team and Mr. Mahshon seems to be on the right track.

No comments: