Monday, May 23, 2005

An Alienated feeling!
Watching Faramarz Asef (an Iranian singer living in LA) interviewed by Alireza Amirghasemi (A showman with network known as Tapesh) kinda reminded me that things will never change in Iran!

According to Faramarz Asef; he used to be a sportsman in track and field. He has Iran national record for triple jump which has not yet been broken after 31 years!!
He explained that when in 1974 he broke the outdoor record for triple jump, he was simply awarded a medal and was left alone. He then received scholarships from two American universities and moved to States to study further, if I am not mistaken, architecture.

He talked about after graduation he worked as a taxi driver and other simple jobs and then starting to sing because of his love for audience. More over, I recalled on this expression that “grass is always greener on the other side of the fence”!

About 2.5 years ago I came back to Iran with so much enthusiastic feelings to use my expertise in this country. I worked hard, I gave lectures to universities to get involved with them and work in biomedical area the area of my passion. At the same time to support myself I started to work as a mechanical engineer with low income.

I wonder that after all these 2 years I see no vivid hope in this system it is totally corrupted and I see no chance to improve since I have no connection and pile of money!

It is surprising that I receive scholarships from foreign universities and companies to study biomedical. They provide all kind of facility for me to live there. I am going to leave this country with such a sorrow at my heart but at the same time happiness.

This country does not deserve to get developed. The current status quote is appropriate for us. Because we still have long way to go when it comes to learning how to interact with each other, providing opportunity, not to mention living in harmony.

No comments: