Saturday, January 08, 2005

A trip to Ahvaz
1. I received an opportunity to take a trip to Ahvaz on behalf of where I work. Ahvaz is located on south west corner of Iran and it has hot and humid climate. This is the best time of the year to be there. In the morning the temperature raised to around 21 degrees and at night it dropped back to 8 to 9 degrees. Humidity was not more than 55% which is considered comfort zone for human.
I stayed at a place that was located in Kian pars. Apparently, Kian pars is considered a high class area in Ahvaz. It was quite interesting for me to see that the locals are feeling cold and try to keep the heaters on during such spring type weather. I was in Ahvaz for a irrigation project that is supposed to draw water from Karkheh river and convey it to the farmland for the farmers. Apparently this project has started about three years ago, yet to be finished! And at least 2 to 3 months hard word to finish preliminary work of construction and cement reinforcement. Have a look at the following picture taken from famous suspension bridge of Ahvaz on Karoon river.



and this one from Emaam Bazaar.

2. Yesterday afternoon I was going out and right by Velenjak gas station I saw two young dudes are fighting with a guy who has come out from passenger side of a Paykan with his belt waving in the air. What shameful scenery! It made me to be made. I saw so many fights on the street everyday that I honestly feel worst to be in Tehran! No, logic and ability to live and work side by side!

No comments: