Friday, December 07, 2012

Ehsān Narāghi has paased away.

Ehsān Narāghi, an Iranian sociologist and writer passed away on Dec 6, 2012.

A few years ago that I was always wonder why Iranian revolution had taken place in 1979 and what mobilized Iranians to protest against the Shah, I came across Dr. Naraghi's book from Place to Prison. This book was a great eye-opener in which he describes well the mood of those days from Shah to people on the street and later in prison and the ideological people he spend time with.
I enjoyed reading the book. The book initiated me to start and learn about his character and knowing his love for Iran.
According to many sources he established a research center at the University of Tehran for studies on Iranian society. 
He seemed to try hard to understand Iranian society, but I hope that in future people try to study his thoughts without any prejudice.

No comments: