Thursday, December 06, 2012

Dave Brubeck: Take Five jazz pianist dies

My understanding of his work goes back in several years ago when I heard take five first after several years in a commercial of Infinity car during Wimbledon Tennis championship.
since then, I have been fascinated with his music work and wished I knew him earlier and had an opportunity to attend his concerts live. This is to his memory.
You can read more about him in here. Apparently, he died one day before his 92 birthday!


1 comment:

radius said...

Hi Alireza, wonderful idea to commemorate Dave Brubeck in your blog. He wrote some of the pieces of jazz that will be on the alltime top-ten of the 20s century.
Although his Take Five was always around and in my ears since I was a kid in the 60s, I only learned about Brubeck in 1991, when the boss of my institute in Groningen/NL once invited me to a Jazz Club. I was sitting there on my own on an empty table, when he suddenly arrived. But not to join me in the audience, but to perform himself as a saxophone player the whole night through. And some of Brubecks compositions where among his most favorite ones.
An amazing record is his colaboration with Leonard Bernstein "Brubeck plays Bernstein - Bernstein plays Brubeck".