Saturday, January 12, 2008

A short of what I think!
My comment to Doste khobam (motasefaneh esmesho nemidonam) Yek Dokhtare


Aval az hameh azat ozr khahi mikonam, man motasefaneh balad nistam, farsi type konam, so I write everything in English. I hope that does not get interpreted to “Jafar khan rafteh farang.” By Writing this in English that does not mean I am intending to say I am better than you or understand better than you, not at all. So, I want to say that before I start to answer your comment.
( just write now on CNN there is report of a Egyptian-American father killed shut his own girl who was dating a none-Muslim boy!!)

I think the location of whoever picks up to live in any part of this earth is something we are entitled to choose and this is part of human right. Having said that, everyone has many reasons for leaving or staying in the place they were born. So, rest assure that my reasons of leaving Iran have not been due to political or even to gain a better living standard! Because if I had stayed in Iran, I would have had a more comfortable life style than I am having here. Trust me on that!
Let’s not play any type of accusation or labeling that is common among us, Iranians. As I said I have had my reason to move out of Iran.

I am not trying to fix anything at once. Never! I would have liked it but not possible in my view! This is something I never intend to do. What I emphasize on is something little children do, take one step at the time!
I agree, that Iran's problems are 100% related to culture. People do many unjustified act, killing their siblings for nothing, But does this justifies us (by us I mean those who understand that is incorrect) care not to do anything towards these cultural issues!?

I do not mean, to go out and start to change people or tell them either you change your mind or else I do something to you, not. Completely contrary. That is what our fathers did in Iran during revolution, from what I understand!

What I mean is simply I should first start by myself. For example, if I ever have child would I give her/him hard time as it is done by many traditional families in Iran? Will I ask my girl to stay virgin until she gets married or else she has been a disgrace to her family! Or
I would choose another approaches, for example, provide her with the information needed for such a situations if she ever decides to have sex.

When I say we should act upon us than others. This idea simply comes from the fact,
You wouldn’t litter your own room/home, would you? So why not stop throwing litter on streets? So, I start with myself.
When I say we shall start with ourselves, I mean to open our own eyes to realities and avoid superstitious. To provide the real information to people around us, not to refrain the information from flowing. Show the truth, and not the lies!

The last thing but not the least, I don’t think you should judge me for anything you have not even seen or done! I never criticize you for why are you going out with Dr. (unfortunately I don’t know his name), so therefore, you are not good girl! One of those unnecessary conclusions!
Let’s forget that idea of accusing, just be on the side that accept each other with what we are.
What you do is great, I am sure. Learning to survive and enjoy, as you put it, in Society of Mashhad and in greater extend in Iran. And I am not there to judge you.
all I am saying is that we,in Iran, need more freedom, easier flow of information and I think avoid judging people, especially young people like you!

We are on the same side! let's not think what I have written for you is something against you.

So, my entire opinion goes around this fact: Give information, let the person to decide for her/himself.

by theway, if you got time, read my old posts: just click and read some of them:
something I wrote!

No comments: