Monday, April 23, 2007

Anniversiry of Sohrab Sepehri
3. Cool Photo:))


1. I think, if I am not mistaken, yesterday was 25 anniversary of Sohrab Sephri death due to leukemia. So, as an admirer of him I wished to write down translation of one of his works which I found nice to be mentioned. and that is where is friend's house!

Address

“Where is the friend’s house?”
Horseman asked by twilight and,
The sky paused.

The passerby presented sands, the branch of light that he had in mouth
And pointed to a poplar tree and said:

“Before reaching the tree,
There is a garden alley that is greener than God’s sleep
And in it, love is as blue as the feathers of honesty.
Go to the end of the alley which stops at the back of adolescence.
Then turn to the flower of loneliness,
Two steps short of reaching the flower,
Stay by the fountain of eternal myth of earth
And you feel a transparent fear.
And in the fluid sincerity of the air, you will hear a scratch:
You will see a child
Who has gone up the pine tree, to grab a bird from the nest of light
And you ask him
Where the friend’s house is.”

I am big fan of his simple drawings, too.


2. First I heard Kiosk work a few years ago which I think was copywrite of Dire strait work. So, I didn't like it so much but this new one I kinda like it, though it is again the same style.

No comments: