Thursday, November 27, 2003

Common law vs conventional marriage!

Listening to Norah Jons live in Chicago with that mellow jazz rhythm and I started to think which one supposed to be better? Common law or conventional marriage! This is a discussion that is taking place in my mind for so long. I always wondered what are the cons and pros of later and former! What I am referring to as a common law marriage is living together that two opposite sex decide to do without any ceremonial procedure.
According to many psychological data and literature references man as a hunter (referring to primitive man) must pick the women of his wish and then woman usually tend to develop love and dependency towards his partner. As time matures this mutual dependency grows and we have, volià, a family by definition! Many say the base of this family is man however; the column of this family is based on either some legal papers or sensational connection or many other reasons.
Of course, the legal papers are conventional marriage. Just recently, I read in one of the Tehran’s local newspapers that from every four people who get married in Tehran one is getting divorced! I truly, feel if a common law relation can last for more than a year or two, then we have a real marriage that can last until the death make them apart. However, marriage based on papers which make both sides to stick together because of some prenuptials papers or what they have exchanged (i.e. money wise I mean) is something fragile or just both parties are taking each other because of worldly connections! Or may be take one another as granted. Therefore, Having said that I draw this conclusion that being common law with a partner you love may be an answer to many today family problems that end up in a court and divorce!

***************************
Different point of view

Talking about messy room, in the Alex the girl it is this story that has put up and tells us how to look at things from different point of view. I guess this is an excuse for me about my messy room :))...
....
She decided one day that if she couldn’t tell me that my room was a mess and was in need of a good clean that she would show me. Without my knowledge, she took a picture of my room, took the film to the store, and waited anxiously for the messy photo shot to develop. She was certain that when the photo was ready and she showed it to me, I would instantly want to make my room over into something from a glossy magazine.
read the rest here the writing for 26 of November 2003

No comments: