Thursday, June 09, 2011

Working at Orthopaedic Injury Biomechanics Group

For the past three months, I have been working at OIBG at Vancouver General Hospital. It has been an invaluable experience for someone like me. Coming from computational dynamic modeling my knowledge was well in use in this research centre.
I have been working on Pro-Neck_Tor helmet which is a novel helmet designed to reduce neck injuries to lower neck due to head-first impact.
I have used MSC.ADAMS to develop a dynamic neck model. A hybrid III head and helmet with special slot to let the head follow a trajectory has been integrated to the model as shown in the video. The helmet allows the torso trajectory to continue along the path prescribed reducing torso momentum on the lower neck; therefore registering lower neck resultant forces. Here, I have uploaded the animation on the youtube.

5 comments:

Tarkhoon said...

Dude, I did not know you work there!congrats!

Setareh said...

alireza i am so happy for you to find a new job related to yr education,wish u all the best

Setareh said...

یک دختره is my last blo and my newone is www.kelopatra1360.blogfa.com i do n't know how to write my name without my google acount

Setareh said...

It would be nice of you if add my blog in yr list...also I sent some messages to yr yahoo messenger,chek it out

Chegini said...

Dr. taht is just absolutely great! Congrats.