Saturday, December 22, 2007

Have got time again to mumblling!
1. For those who asked me how I am doing. I feel much better. But that hitting my head by a truck (the description I say, how I felt during that week of virus attack!) lasted almost one complete week!

2. Finally the few days of Christian New Year has started. I feel I truly need a recovery time after so many intensive working days even if it is for a few days! Today we had our Christmas lunch together and one of our technicians got retired. The guy was originally from chez and Slovakia and was working in light structure testing and later turned to cable car testing (The Swiss love their cable cars!) division. I love this idea that our colleague made. Projecting photos of years of his work in the laboratory. The two series of present we all contributed and most important of all inviting many of those who started or the guy used to work. According to my colleague many of those were passed away or were so old that they would not be able to make it. However, he managed to bring in about a dozen of them and especially the guy who to used to teach and was head of the laboratory. Later, one of the other colleagues of the guy said something funny. As a new Swiss Citizen you should be doing three things to prove you are Swiss: 1. to open and close a gun and make it ready! 2. to milk a goat! And the 3. sing a famous song that I go to pick cherries!!! This was quite interesting for me.

3. I am reading a novel by Khali Hosseini is called the kite runner. I heard about it when I was in Canada through CBC radio program. It is quite well written and developed story describing a Pashto guy life from when he was around 10 until his later years. He described vividly the situation of Afghanistan in 70’s when Zahr shah was in power until Taliban ruling. He describes about what has people gone through including himself by running from the country and got refuge to the US. It is well written novel and I just find out yesterday that the movie is also on the screen under the same name staring two or three Iranians actors and actress. Hoping to watch it, soon. It is quite interesting that during 70’s or to be exact 1974 the guy describes that they didn’t have TV in Afghanistan and to watch the World cup of football they were going to Iran!!! The Iran he describes seems it was a big power in the region and sad to see what we are today!
Kite Runner

4. The interview of President Ahmadi Negad with Islamic Republic Borad Cast has been funny. Apparently he has blamed, drop of dollar value, previous governments, as well as unknown hands to create inflation. This totally reminds me of Ayatolah Khomaeini speech who once said: economy science belong to donkey!!

No comments: