Sunday, July 04, 2004

Fred Kasravi; Manjil...
1. It is sad day for me I just read in eyeranian.net that Mr. Fereydoun Kasravi (Fred Kasravi), one of early Iranian immigrants and political activists in Toronto, passed away. I shall write this following paragraph about the way I first met him in person in Toronto. The following is in his memoriam.
It was a rainy night in November of 1998. I was sitting in university laboratory trying figure out content of one of the papers I was trying to use in my work. The entire day I was reading it and as much as I read it the less I understood! I was aware of the classical concert in Glen-Gould studio of CBC radio in down town of Toronto at very same day at 8:00 pm. An Iranian conductor who had recently come to Canada was conducting the symphony orchestra, which was called Symphony of Nations. So, I as a big fan of classical concerts decided to go there. It was around 7:30 pm, all of the sudden, I decided to take a subway (Metro) to the CBC. I knew that finding a ticket might be a difficult task. However, I said to myself that it may a miracle happens and I would get hold of a ticket since I am a single audience per say. So, I arrived about five minutes to the program and went directly to the ticket desk. At the desk the cashier stated that all the tickets are sold out. I was quite getting depressed. While standing there, hoping for a miracle to take place; Mr. Khosravi with his typical outfit came towards ticket desk. The cashier told him: Mr. Khosravi your tickets are ready, they are 6 of them. Would you like to pick them up, now? As soon as he received the tickets there were about 5 women ran towards him with fancy cloths asking simultaneously for extra tickets. I, on the other hand, slowly approached him and asked him for a ticket with a low voice. Apparently, he needed the 4 tickets and then he turned his face to me and said you said you needed a ticket, did you say so? You are only one person? I positively confirmed it. So, he handed me a ticket and when I told him how much shall I pay for it, he answered: “Be my guest, don’t worry”. I thank him and ran into the theater. I was honored to watch the work of Rimsky-Korsokov, Scheherzade. It was memorable night since I also met Ms. Barbara Hall, the ex-Mayer of Toronto. And get to enjoy a very beautiful work like "The young Prince and the
Young Princes" of Rimsky-Korsokov. I met him, couple of other times in charities and aid organizations he was a man with pride.
He will be missed. May his soul rest in peace.
It is raining in Tehran. I shall say: I do my crying in the rain.


2. I went a way last week to take a part in a National Competition of white water rafting.
Apparently, it was first of its kind in Iran for women. The competition was held in Manjil. A city, which is famous for its high-speed wind and its wind turbine and not to mention Olives gardens.
I have to admit that I ate so much olive that I was almost seeing Olive in my dreams for a while!! Moving on, I have taken couple of pictures. Enjoy them here.




3. This is ridicules that http://www.geocities.com is banned by Iran telecom!! I have no comment on this issue than we have really lost the path.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://markonzo.edu magic story very thanks actual ashley furniture [url=http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1536072]actual ashley furniture[/url], cpaqlt, watch allegiant air [url=http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1536075]watch allegiant air[/url], sxtfx, best pressure washers [url=http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1536078]best pressure washers[/url], yojda, follow dishnetwork [url=http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1536080]follow dishnetwork[/url], favspvi, fresh adt security [url=http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1536076]fresh adt security[/url], crinqv,